Applications must be submitted online. Here is a description of the application process:
1. Submitting your supporting documents in digital format
Scan the following documents as separate PDF or Word files (4MB maximum size each):
- Master's Diploma
- Transcript of grades of university studies (Bachelor, Master ...): detailing academic years, subjects, numeric qualification, etc ...
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement: Please use this link to downloads area.
- Additional program-specific documents (please read your full program description)
- Requirements vary according to doctoral program. Be sure to visit the program’s website to learn about the applicable selection criteria.
- In order to request admission as a part-time student, you must add to your Online Application the document that you will find in the download area.
(*) Check the specific requirements of admission to the following PhD Programs:
- PhD in Clinical and Health Psychology
- PhD in Economics and Innovation Management (DEGIN)
- PhD in Law, Government and Public Policy”
2. Completing your application
To get Access to the on-line application:
- If you have never been an UAM student, you can get you username and password by logging as user here.
- If you have already make the registration previously but not remember your user and password, you can recover them here.
In the Download Area you will find a memo to fill with you user data (instructions for the registration)
- If you are an UAM student, you must use your passowrd to make the application of admission. If you not remember the keys, you can recover them here.
- If you have been an UAM student, you will need an USER (NIA) and PASSWORD. You can get them by clicking here.
- After that, you will be able to make you admission application in this link, providing the instructions to fill the personal information (link in Download Area)
- You will also be able to make the admission application here: SIGMA > Mis aplicaciones > Accesos > Inscripción Doctorados Oficiales > Nueva preinscripción
The students who request admission to two or more PhD Programs, must choose the order of preference.
Save your application and print out the confirmation.
The use of Internet Explorer as a browser is recommended.
3. How we process your application
The School’s administrative staff will verify if you meet all admission requirements and have submitted the required supporting documents. If you meet all admission requirements and your supporting documents are in order, your application will be accepted. Otherwise, you will be asked to provide any missing information.
Once your application has been accepted, the Program Academic Board will check if you meet all program-specific academic requirements and consider your application during the candidate selection process. The Academic Board may make your admission conditional on your completing additional coursework.
You will be notified of the final decision in writing. If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the reasons motivating this decision. If your application is accepted, you will be notified of any additional coursework you may need to complete and of any original/stamped/certified documents you should provide in order to confirm your place in the program.
4. Keeping track of your application
You can track the status of your application online. Your application status can be:
- Application submitted: You have successfully completed your application.
- Incomplete application: You need to provide further information.
- Accepted by the Administration: As a candidate you meet all criteria required to pursue doctoral studies at UAM.
- Selected: You have been admitted to the doctoral program and the validity of your supporting documents is being ascertained.
- Rejected: Your application has not been accepted.
- Granted: You can now enroll in the doctoral program.
5. Selected candidates: Document verification process
If you have completed your studies at an institution other than UAM, please submit the following documents to the School of Doctoral Studies for verification:
- Certificate attesting your qualification as a candidate to a doctoral program (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent)
- Academic certificate of your university degree (Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Licentiate Degree…).
Please submit the original document and a photocopy (for authentication) or a certified copy. Please do not send originals in the post.
If you graduated from a foreign institution, please follow the translation, certification and authentication instructions you will find here.
- Calendario Académico y de Matrícula de Doctorado 2020/21 [347KB]
- Como descargar los documentos de la página web [62KB]
- How to fill the personal data [77KB]
- Motivation Letter [2MB]
- Motivation Letter (Word) [105KB]
- Request form of part-time on developing the PhD Studies [3MB]
- Legalización y traducción de documentos [198KB]