The PhD program in Law, Government, and Public Policy is a joined venture between the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid School of Law and the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Public Policies and Public Goods Institute. The program provides a multidisciplinary environment where PhD students develop their analytical skills and advanced research capacities, grounded on a sound theoretical understanding, in order to address a wide array of challenging issues regarding Law, Government, Politics, International Relations, and Public Policy.
The Program demands a serious commitment involving time and effort. It is particularly suited for students pursuing a scholar career as well as for civil servants working on the fields mentioned above.
A strong emphasis among the learning activites is placed on the Seminar for Researchers on Training, mandatory for all PhD students.
The following additional activities are also mandatory:
- Attendance and participation in lectures, seminars and scholarly meetings relevant for their research.
- Presentation of papers in scholar and profesional conventions both in Spain and abroad.
- Research stages in prestigious learning institutions abroad.
The PhD degree shall be completed in a 3-year period full time, or else, when the student was authorized by the Academic Committee to pursue the degree part time, in a 5-year period. The degree is obtained after successful presentation and defense of a PhD dissertation.
To be admitted to this program it´s obligatory to fill the following document. For further information, visit the PhD Website
- Private, Public and Global Goods, and its Protection
- Constitution, Democracy, and Rights
- International Studies and EuropeanIntegration
- Government, Administration, Welfare State and Social and Equality Policies
- Person, Private Autonomy, Jurisdiction and Extrajudicial Solution
- Economic, Social and Business Regulation
- Public Policiesfor Knowledge Society and Sustainability