Students must carry out their application for admission to a master's degree online. It is strongly recommended to consult the admission process instructions at Admisión paso a paso.
Specific requirements for access and admission
Given the international orientation of the proposed master, the admission profile has been defined upon the terms of the required knowledge, rather than specifying the degree titles which grant access to the master. Thus, the admission profile to the Master's Degree in Deep Learning for Audio and Video Signal Processing will correspond with the following candidates:
- Engineers or candidates holding a bachelor's degree in Engineering Areas related to ICT (Information and Communication Technologies), provided their degree contains at least the following contents:
- 24 ECTS of mathematical fundamentals in calculus (12 ECTS), linear algebra (6 ECTS), probability and statistics (6 ECTS).
- 12 ECTS of programming in some high‐level language.
- 6 ECTS in signal processing.
- 6 ECTS in machine learning.
- Graduates who hold an official degree equivalent to any of the above, either issued by a Spanish university or belonging to another member state of the European Higher Education Area, or so declared in accordance with the previous regulations of university studies in Spain. These graduates are required to demonstrate a level of training equivalent to the requirements defined in the first case.
- Applicants who hold degrees obtained in educational systems outside the European Education Area. These applicants are required to demonstrate a level of training equivalent to the requirements defined in the first case.
According to the academic profile of students being accepted to the Master, it will be considered whether they should complete an intensive leveling program scheduled at the beginning of the academic year in September. The program includes a leveling module in Fundamentals of Signal Processing of 1 ECTS, aimed at students whose previous training in the area is less than 12 ECTS. This module will be offered as a training supplement because it is not expressly a subject of the academic programme.
Since the official language for all courses is English, knowledge of the English language at the minimum level of the B2 certificate will be required for acceptance into the Master’s programme. In case of not being English native speakers, this level of language must be accredited by a certificate or by an interview with the Master's Academic Committee.
Documents to be uploaded to the admission application
In order to assess the merits of prospective students (hereinafter referred to as applications) interested in pursuing the master’s degree in Deep Learning for audio and video signal processing, their applications for admission to the program must include the following documents:
- Official transcript of records (1)
- Certificate of level B2 or higher in English knowledge. If the applicants do not have a certificate, the Master's Academic Committee can conduct an interview with the applicants to establish the appropriate level of English. Students whose mother tongue is English are excluded from this interview.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Average Grade Statement (2) [Mandatory for those students who have not made their access studies at the UAM].
- Motivation letter detailing the applicant's interest in the programme.
Letter stating the adequacy of the applicant's previous studies to the specific academic requirements for applying to this master.
(1) Official transcript of records must be translated into Spanish except when it is written in English, French, Italian or Portuguese.
In case the applicant has studied another master's degree or a PhD it is recommended to include the diplomas in the application as Complementary information.
(2) If you have made your access studies in Spain you will have to upload an Average Grade Statement (scale 0 to10). In case you have studied your degree at the UAM this requirement will not be necessary.
Those students who have made their degrees abroad (outside Spain) must attach the Average Grade Declaration (Declaración de nota media) from the Spanish Ministry of Education (consult the "Enlaces relacionados" area).
(3) Students who have made their application without haven't finished their degree, must include a Previous Studies Declaration Form (Declaración de superación de estudios previos). You can obtain the form from the download area. Please, also remember to check the apropriate option for the finishing date of your degree at the application: July (If you forseen to end in June or July) or September (if you forseen to finish after July).
(4) For those students who have made their degrees at a non-UAM university: you should fill the Truthful Statement about Delivered Copies (Declaración responsable de veracidad de copias aportadas). You can obtain the form from the download area. This Statement will exempt you from delivering original paper documents if you are finnally accepted to the Master.
The following criteria are defined for the applicants´ selection process:
|Academic record of the degree of access
|Additional merits to the academic record including Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
|Adaptation of the applicant's profile to the contents and objectives of the program
If needed, the Master's Academic Committee, or the members to whom it may delegate, may hold an interview with applicants in order to assess accurately their merits and the suitability of their profile to the programme.
Other requirements for extracomunitary students:
Once received the Conditional admission letter, and in case you have obtained your degree in an extracomunitary Institution outside the Education System EEES, you will have to submit your degree duly legalised or apostilled (Convenio de la Haya) in order to have access to enrollment.
You have more information about this process in the Legalización de títulos extranjeros and Declaración de nota media section.
When needed, this document should include an official translation into Spanish.